Roadtrip

Rain and more Rain!

Rain and more Rain!

Tiernan, Morgan, Potatoe's and me

Tiernan, Morgan, Potatoe's and me

Bobo as a puppy

Bobo as a puppy

Philo

Philo
Home sweet home!

Rose & Cookie

Rose & Cookie
Rescues from the Humane Society

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sage heard the thump and he twisted around. Since all elves can see in the dark he saw what it was a spider. A giant spider. The arachnid was huge. Its eight black beady eyes studied him carefully. The spider moved to the side to show two more arachnids. Suddenly the first flung its self at Sage, who if he had not had his bow ready, would have had his throat ripped out by the foot long fangs. The first arrow came out and pieced the arachnid in the forehead. When the other spiders saw the first dead they turned to Sage and began to advance on him. Just before the giant arachnids reached Sage, Cutter came flinging out of now where and landed on the nearest spider attacking is with his sword. Sage to out his throwing knife and defended himself from the other arachnid. Out of the corner of his eye Sage saw Cutter slash down the arachnid. Turning back to his spider he jumped up about five feet easily for his height and flung and knife into the arachnid’s forehead just as Cutter stabbed his sword into it.
“And you thought you could handle it,” said Cutter as he wiped the green blood on the spiders body.
Sage looked at his friend. Humor played in his friends eyes. They both started laughing. As they started to calm down Sage said “You still can’t come you know.”
Cutter nodded. “I will stay right here with the giant spiders incase you need me,” he promised.
Sage started down the cave again. After about a minute Sage saw the dragons all sleeping like he thought. He walked around and went over to each baby dragon. Every time reached a baby dragon he would close his eyes and then walk over to another dragon. Finally when he thought no dragon would accept him he found one. When he closed his eyes he saw a brilliant blue light flashing around. He guessed that it meant this was his dragon. He quickly and quietly moved over to the dragon. He looked at it, but even with his night eyes could not see it well enough. His laid the small dragon in the front of his shirt and ran as fast as he could without bumping the dragon. Finally he reached the outside. Cutter was beside him. “I need to find cover fast.” Sage said. Cutter led him to another cave. Sage laid the dragon on the ground beside him. He began to go over a brief instruction. “I am going to pass out after I bond with my dragon. I need you to not freak out. Light a fire to keep me warm. Try not to fall asleep. Ok?” Cutter nodded. Sage could see that his friend was trying to act brave but worry flickered into his eyes. “Seeya when I wake up,” said Sage. He leaned over to his dragon and kissed the sleeping baby dragon on the forehead then on the right temple and the same with the left finishing the process be kissing is right on the mouth. The last thing Sage heard was Cutter remark “That is the most disgusting thing ever.” Then Sage blacked out.
Sage’s eyes flickered open. He leaded over the opposite way from his dragon. He saw Cutter next to his wolf. “Hi took you a long time to wake up.” Said Cutter
“Ha ha,” said Sage. “Got any food?” Cutter leaned over and handed some Elvin food.
“So what kind of dragon is it” asked Cutter indicating the dragon.
“I think it is a poisonous speeder” said Sage “Here are some of its deadly poisonous talons. One of these in you could kill a human in under an hour. Here look at its legs and wings are designed to so that it can swiftly attack its prey and inject it. Then wait for it to die. The only bad thing is that it can’t breathe fire it spits acid. So I guess I lucked out.”
“Wow not bad.” Said Cutter “Ahhhh I am going to take a nap.”



to be continued....

5 comments:

  1. Mom the Laundry QueenFebruary 24, 2010 at 9:14 PM

    Wow! This is fantastic. Will you sign your book for me? "To Mom....the greatest laundress in the world!"

    I Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe!

    Your dad sent me your blog and now I'm addicted to your action story. Thanks a lot! Just what I need another addiction!!

    BTW, I didn't know your mom was a queen. Lucky you!

    You can find out what laundress means here - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
    It's a really good online dictionary I just found. Try it. Then promise your mom you'll grant her wish.

    See you soon!

    George Witter(ski)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay mom you have to go around and do everyone laundry for ever and ever and everrrrr!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story, Joe, I am loving it! BTW, can yer Mom come over and do MY laundry too? LOL

    ReplyDelete